In an effort to follow recommended social distancing guidelines, Payroll Services staff is working remotely and is not offering in-person customer service at this time. Our ability to support university employees is a priority, and we want to do so in a way that helps ensure the health and safety of our community.
Below are a few key updates regarding payroll operations:
Payroll Services Current Operational Status
- Payroll Services is not offering in-person customer service at this time.
- Payroll Services staff will continue to respond to emails and voicemails in a timely manner.
- We will monitor voicemails left on our main phone number (512-471-5271), and you can expect a call back within 24 hours.
- A Payroll Services staff member will check mail daily. Staff members will respond to time-sensitive correspondence received in paper form in a timely manner. This includes TRS Notice of Final Deposit Before Retirement forms and Verification of Employment requests.
Paychecks and Paydays
- Employees can expect to receive paychecks on their regularly scheduled paydays.
- Information on paydays and payroll deadlines is available here.
- As always, we highly encourage employees to enroll in Direct Deposit for electronic receipt of their paychecks.
- Instructions are available in askUS.
Paper Paycheck Delivery
- If you have previously elected to receive paychecks either by campus mail or by pick up in payroll, you will still be permitted to receive paper paychecks.
- Paychecks will be delivered by US Mail instead to the home address listed in Workday, so it is important for you to be sure that all contact information in Workday is current and accurate.
- Information on reviewing and updating your personal information in Workday is available here.
- If you do not wish to receive a paper check via US Mail, please enroll in Direct Deposit.
- Paychecks printed for pay days prior to March 15, 2020, can be sent via US Mail at your request.
- Send an email request to email@example.com or leave a message at 512-471-5271, and your check will be mailed within one business day.
- To help ensure the security of mailed paychecks, the check will be mailed to the US Mail address listed in Workday.
- Requests submitted via email or voicemail to use a different mailing address will not be granted.
- Employees can update their US Mail address in Workday.