Retiree & Surviving Dependent Insurance Billing Information

Billing Schedule

Bills are distributed on the 10th of each month via email or postal mail. Retirees with no monthly out-of-pocket cost will not receive a monthly statement, but will receive annual statement at the beginning of each plan year (September).

Payments are due upon receipt. If payment is not received by the end of the coverage month, insurance is subject to cancellation.

Payment Options

The following table explains your payment options. Remember to use the coupon provided with your bill to ensure proper credit for your payments. Credit card payments cannot be accepted by phone.


Automatic Payment via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) from your bank account is a convenient payment option and can be set up either online or by submitting a paper enrollment form. Your AutoPay enrollment remains in effect until updated or canceled. You do not need to re-enroll each fiscal year.

  • To complete your enrollment online, an upgraded UT EID is required to access the AutoPay website. To upgrade your UT EID, go to the ID Center, located on the 1st floor of the Flawn Academic Center (FAC), and bring a government issued photo id as proof of identity.
  • To utilize online enrollment, you must use the two factor authentication software Duo. Click here to enroll your device. (You will need your chosen device handy to complete this process).  Detailed instructions for how to enroll your device can be found on the DUO web site.  Please contact the ITS Service Desk at or (512) 475-9400 if you need assistance with two-factor authentication.
  • In lieu of online enrollment, complete the Automatic Payment Request Authorization Form and mail it to the address on the back of the form. Please do not send the form with your payment.
  • For questions about AutoPay, contact Payroll Services at (512) 471-5271.
  • What I Owe (upgraded UT EID required) allows you to make one time, online payments by credit card, electronic funds transfer (EFT), or electronic check. Go to What I Owe to view your insurance bill and follow the instructions on how to make payments.
U S Mail
  • Mail payments to:

    The University of Texas at Austin
    P O Box 13177
    Austin, TX 78711

Check or
Money Order
  • Make payments payable to: The University of Texas at Austin
  • Include your UT EID (located on the retiree insurance bill next to your name)
  • Write "Retiree Insurance" on the check or money order
Credit Card
  • Provide your credit card number and expiration date*
  • Specify the amount of your payment
  • Sign the payment coupon

*VISA, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express are accepted. Credit card payments are not accepted by phone.

Cancellation Policy

Effective September 1, 2020, a new policy goes into effect for Retired Employees who have voluntary coverage cancelled due to nonpayment of premiums.  Under the new policy, a Retired Employee whose coverage is termed due to nonpayment will be ineligible to enroll in any voluntary coverage in the Program until the nonpayment of premium status has been cleared.  A Retired Employee may clear nonpayment status only by making payment in an amount equal to the total amount of out-of-pocket premiums that would have been owed had the originally elected voluntary coverage remained active for the remainder of the plan year in which it was terminated due to non-payment. 

Address Changes

  • Go to Workday (upgraded UT EID required)
  • Select the Personal Information application
  • Choose Contact Information from the Change menu on the left
  • Press the Edit button to update Home Contact Information
By Fax or US Mail
  • Print and complete the Personal Information Update form (PDF)
  • Fax or mail to the Human Resource Service Center as indicated on the form.
By Email
  • Email the Human Resource Service Center with your name, UT EID, new address and any other changes, such as your phone number, e-mail address or emergency contact information.
By Phone

Long Term Care for Retirees

Long Term Care insurance is not administered by the University of Texas and is not included in your Retiree Insurance bill. Please contact Continental Casualty Company (CNA) at 1-888-825-0353 between 8:00 and 6:00 (EST) to notify them that you have retired and need to be billed at your home address.

Retirees from UT System Administration

UT Benefits Billing administers the retire insurance billing for employees that retired from UT System Administration. Questions should be directed to or 855-6UTBill (855-688-2455). This is a toll free number.

Contact Information

  • For billing or payment questions, contact Payroll Services at 512-471-5271.
  • For eligibility or enrollment questions, contact the Human Resource Service Center at 512-471-4772 or 1-800-687-4178.
  • For coverage or claims questions, please contact the insurance company. See Insurance Contacts for more information on contacting the insurance company directly.



Last updated 09/28/2020